How can I get a Resident Visa (green card) from opening a small size restaurant business around Glendale.

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I like to open a restaurant in Glendale, Los Angeles California and I only have visitor visa to the country. How can I get a visa to do with it and how much is the cost to process. I read something online about business or investor visa is quiet a big amount of money to start up. I just like to operate from small enterprise first. but my parents will finance me through all of this. My parents owned a Mid-sized business from the country I staying right now but wish to start up in los angeles, we have some relatives around there... thank you for answers

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Wendy Renee Whitt

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Whether you qualify for any of the investor visa programs will depend on the amount of investment, your nationality, the nationality of the business, and other factors. If your parents are looking to open a subsidiary of their company in the United States, that could open up additional immigration paths for your, if you work with them. Consult an immigration familiar with investor visas when you are ready to proceed. (Avvo is not the right place to discuss your financial and immigration status in detail.)

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Getting the green card through investment generally requires that the investment be $1 million or more. At best, investing in a small restaurant will get you a non-immigrant investor visa, not the green card.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,425 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,425 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering