How can I get a paid off UT state tax lien deleted from my credit reports?

Asked 7 months ago - North Salt Lake, UT

Had a tax lien and paid off in full. I would like to have the item deleted from my credit reports.

1. Christine B. Adams

Pro

1

Answered . There is nothing you can do to remove this item, just make sure that it is showing satisfied. What was the asserted inaccuracy in the reporting of the information? They most likely verified from the public record, and they have no obligation to conduct a second reinvestigation on substantially the same information. Payment is not grounds for deletion. If you can determine who reported the information and get them to report its deletion, the CRA will delete. They wont delete if the furnisher does not report a deletion if they were able to verify from public records that it was accurate.

2. Daniel Tam

1

Answered . Assuming the information is being reported accurately, the Fair Credit Reporting Act provides, under 15 USC 1681c(3), that paid tax liens remain on your consumer report for 7 years from the date of payment.

3. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

Answered . A lien is a public record. Paying it doesn't remove it from your credit report, but instead should be changed to show that it was satisfied. It will continue to be a negative blotch on your credit for many more years. Any incorrect info on the credit report can be disputed as provided by the Fair Credit Reporting Act - I have posted the link below. Hope this perspective helps!