How can I get a lawyer removed from my case if he is being bias and has put in a bench warrant for a court case unnotified

Asked over 2 years ago - Tallahassee, FL

I went to court and my case was continued unknowing to me then the court date was set after my court apperance and I didn't get information on when I was in court and the stand in lawyer told me to come in on may 10th my original court date. I've never missed court and have been going for a year I have no priors. I've also written a lettter to the judge and put in a motion that he denied. And he currently has no bond for my case. It seem like the judge is trying to get me locked up inorder to make me want to sign a plea so I won't it in jail. I've informed the lawyer I will loose my job but he doesn't car

1. Zachary Michael Ward

4

Answered . If you are required to be present for all of your court dates in Leon County that means one of two things. You are either a juvenile defendant, or you are represented by the Office of the Public Defender or the Regional Office of Conflict Counsel. This means that the Court has appointed an attorney to represent you. You can hire an attorney of your choice at any time. If you cannot afford to do that, you will likely be stuck with whatever attorney the Court appointed to represent you. A court appointed attorney has to be found to be particularly ineffective for you to get a new one. You would have to ask the Court for a "Nelson Hearing," to have your court appointed attorney removed. Be prepared to lose the hearing.

2. James Regan

Pro

4

Answered . Write to the Judge an demand a Nelson Hearing.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

Answered . You need to consult with a criminal lawyer. It seems your case has criminal aspects

4. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Not an immigration question. I am therefore changing the practice area.

5. Neil Ian Fleischer

3

Answered . This is a criminal law issue