Skip to main content

How can I get a lawyer removed from my case if he is being bias and has put in a bench warrant for a court case unnotified

Tallahassee, FL |

I went to court and my case was continued unknowing to me then the court date was set after my court apperance and I didn't get information on when I was in court and the stand in lawyer told me to come in on may 10th my original court date. I've never missed court and have been going for a year I have no priors. I've also written a lettter to the judge and put in a motion that he denied. And he currently has no bond for my case. It seem like the judge is trying to get me locked up inorder to make me want to sign a plea so I won't it in jail. I've informed the lawyer I will loose my job but he doesn't car

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to consult with a criminal lawyer. It seems your case has criminal aspects


Not an immigration question. I am therefore changing the practice area.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


This is a criminal law issue

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


If you are required to be present for all of your court dates in Leon County that means one of two things. You are either a juvenile defendant, or you are represented by the Office of the Public Defender or the Regional Office of Conflict Counsel. This means that the Court has appointed an attorney to represent you. You can hire an attorney of your choice at any time. If you cannot afford to do that, you will likely be stuck with whatever attorney the Court appointed to represent you. A court appointed attorney has to be found to be particularly ineffective for you to get a new one. You would have to ask the Court for a "Nelson Hearing," to have your court appointed attorney removed. Be prepared to lose the hearing.


Write to the Judge an demand a Nelson Hearing. | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer