Skip to main content

How can i get a divorce in the us if i got married in another state

San Marcos, CA |
Filed under: Divorce

I got married in mexico at the age of 14. But not by the church im 24 now and i want to get married again. How can i file the divorce and how much will it cost me

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You would have to meet the residency requirement in a state in the U.S.A. and make filings there. You'll probably want the assistance of a local attorney.

    How much it will cost will depend upon the state and upon the cost of the attorney.

    Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

  2. I agree with counsel you would need to meet the residency requirements and there is a filing fee of $435.

    Our San Marcos office does provide a free consultation if you would like to make an appointment call 760-752-4600.

    This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics