How can I get a date for Oral Arguments.

Asked over 1 year ago - 05479

Under section U form I290B there is provision for Oral arguments.I have filed an application for Oral arguments.How can I get a date for Oral arguments.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . There are certain types of questions that can be simply answered on Avvo, while there are others that require considerably more analysis. For this particular question, you need to provide additional details concerning the specifics of your situation. You owe it to yourself to contact an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, and obtain assistance in handling this matter. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more
  2. George Costas Andriotis

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to consult an immigration attorney being that you haven't heard back on your application.

  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . My colleagues are correct ... more facts are needed.

    Plus, you need a lawyer ... do not, I repeat, do not attempt oral arguments on your own behalf.

    This may give you a little more information:

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  4. David Alan Nauheim

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues, you should hire a lawyer to handle this. However, that doesn't answer your question. While I don't do immigration law, if I were in your shoes I would:

    (1) read the appellate rules AND the local rules very carefully to see what they say about your situation.

    (2) If you are still unsure, call the clerk of the judge who is handling your case and ask them kindly for help. Clerks are generally very helpful. Of course, they cannot give legal advice.

    Good luck!

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.


There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,659 answers this week

2,791 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,659 answers this week

2,791 attorneys answering