How can I get a date for Oral Arguments.

Asked over 1 year ago - 05479

Under section U form I290B there is provision for Oral arguments.I have filed an application for Oral arguments.How can I get a date for Oral arguments.

1. Dean P Murray

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . There are certain types of questions that can be simply answered on Avvo, while there are others that require considerably more analysis. For this particular question, you need to provide additional details concerning the specifics of your situation. You owe it to yourself to contact an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, and obtain assistance in handling this matter. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

2. George Costas Andriotis

5

Answered . You need to consult an immigration attorney being that you haven't heard back on your application.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . My colleagues are correct ... more facts are needed.

Plus, you need a lawyer ... do not, I repeat, do not attempt oral arguments on your own behalf.

This may give you a little more information: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem...

4. David Alan Nauheim

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, you should hire a lawyer to handle this. However, that doesn't answer your question. While I don't do immigration law, if I were in your shoes I would:

(1) read the appellate rules AND the local rules very carefully to see what they say about your situation.

(2) If you are still unsure, call the clerk of the judge who is handling your case and ask them kindly for help. Clerks are generally very helpful. Of course, they cannot give legal advice.

Good luck!
    David