How can I get a copy of trial transcripts in New York state for free, I need them for family court but cant afford to pay fee?

Niagara Falls, NY |

New York state, about 10 hours of transcripts, proof of victim lying that would help my current case which i am currently performing pro se for the time being

1. It is unlikely you can get them for free unless you are also entitled to a court appointed attorney, in which case the attorney can obtain them for you.

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

2. You have to make an application to the Judge in your case.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.