Skip to main content

How can I get a copy of someone's Will in New York state

New York |
Filed under: Probate Probate court

How can I get a copy of someone's will?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can try going to the Surrogate's Court Clerk in the county where your grandfather passed away to see if they will release the file to you for your review. This will is the Court's copy and you will not be allowed to take anything out of the court file.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer