How can I get a continuance on my court date for speeding?

Menomonie, WI |
Filed under: Speeding tickets

I got a speeding ticket on 5/30/13 and my court date is 7/17/13, next wednesday. I will be out of town and will not be able to be at court that day. I have no other speeding tickets on my record and no other criminal record.

Generally a not guilty plea can be entered by mail on civil traffic offenses. Call the court clerk and ask about their local procedures for adjourning (or rescheduling) the initial appearance or for entry of a not guilty plea by writing. This page provides a very basic example "not guilty notice" form for the Madison Municipal Court:

Check with your local office of the court clerk

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets