How can I get a cheap/ pro bono lawyer to get custody of my 17 daughter being abused by her mother?

Omaha, NE |

My 17 year old daughter is being abused b her mother and wants to come live with me.I have reported it to CPS and they said they wont even take the case since she will be 18 in two weeks. I can't afford a lashes because I lost my job and I am waiting for disability to be approved.

Free would be the Creighton legal clinic or legal aid. A lot of attorneys will do things on a reduced fee. For example half the normal rate and allow you to do a monthly payment plan.

I am a licensed attorney in the state of Nebraska. However, the advice I give here is not to be taken as legal advice. It is merely my opinion based on the limited information given. In order to assure that your legal rights are being properly represented I would always recommend going in for a consultation with an attorney to explain your case in detail and answer any questions the attorney might have.

Most lawyer will take this type of case on a limited fee. Call around.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody