How can I get a cheap/ pro bono lawyer to get custody of my 17 daughter being abused by her mother?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Omaha, NE

My 17 year old daughter is being abused b her mother and wants to come live with me.I have reported it to CPS and they said they wont even take the case since she will be 18 in two weeks. I can't afford a lashes because I lost my job and I am waiting for disability to be approved.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ashley Lee Albertsen

    Contributor Level 13
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Free would be the Creighton legal clinic or legal aid. A lot of attorneys will do things on a reduced fee. For example half the normal rate and allow you to do a monthly payment plan.

    I am a licensed attorney in the state of Nebraska. However, the advice I give here is not to be taken as legal... more
  2. Brendan Michael Kelly


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Most lawyer will take this type of case on a limited fee. Call around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,127 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,127 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering