How can i get a bail bond discharged

Sun City, CA |

posted bail, the person is back in jail so no longer out on bail, why do I still have to pay the bail bond that I signed for

A bond is a contract, so the place to look for what the contracting parties' respective rights and remedies are is that contract.

You should have thoroughly read and completely understood that document before you signed it, but better late than never.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.