How can I get a attorney to represent me with limited income and receive spousal support.

Sacramento, CA |

My husband was verbally and physically abusive. He would not pay for medical insurance, needed medical operation and abandoned all responsibility. I am disable.

Unfortunately some cases there are no attorneys available for certain cases if the party cannot retain one. You could contact a few attorneys to consult what they could do for you on a limited representation.

This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation. Call us for more information. 619.797.5456 www.mataelelaw.com

It will be hard. Attorneys like to be paid for their time. Perhaps the Court will allow you to get an Attorney at your Husband's expense if he has more assets than you. Ask about it.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.

Each county usually has an organization that may accept cases on a pro bono basis. There are no guarantees that they will accept a client for representation, but it definitely doesn't hurt to ask if they can represent you. The fact that you have a disability, and are a victim of abuse might raise you to the top of their list for representation. I am attaching two organizations in the Sacramento area for you to call. Please let me know if this answer was helpful.

Sacramento

Voluntary Legal Services Program of Northern California, Inc.
Primary Address: 517 12th Street
City: Sacramento
State: CA
Zipcode: 95814-1418
General Phone: 916-551-2116
Fax: 916-551-2120
Intake Phone: 916-551-2102
Counties Served: El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Yolo
Case Types: Bankruptcy, Consumer, Housing, Public Benefits, Torts
Other Case Types: Conservatorships, Criminal Records Expungement, Debt Collection Defense, Estate Planning, Guardianships, Landlord/Tenant, Probate
Case Restrictions: All LSC restrictions
Web Site: http://www.vlsp.org

Women Escaping A Violent Environment - WEAVE
Primary Address: 1900 K St
City: Sacramento
State: CA
Zipcode: 95814-4107
General Phone: 916-448-2321
Fax: 916-448-0270
Intake Phone: 916-448-2321
Counties Served: Sacramento
Case Types: Domestic Violence
Case Restrictions: Must be a victim of domestic violence

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

If your husband has the income then he could be ordered to pay for part or all of your attorney fees. Additionally, if there are CP assets that could be liquidated to pay for attorney fees, then the court could order this.