How can I get a "failure to yield" ticket dismissed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

Collided with a bicyclist riding against traffic on the sidewalk at a high rate of speed while i was pulling out of a parking lot to go to the right. I had looked both ways for peds but turned my attention to the left to view oncoming traffic. My turn signal lens was broken (on the exact corner of the vehicle). Biker said she was late for work, kept wanting to leave but was transported to the hospital via ambulance for checkup. I am concerned about future liability. She was not cited.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You might not be able to "beat" it, especially with an injured bicyclist and your turn signal not working. You have good reason to be concerned about liability. Hire an attorney and don't talk with anyone except the attorney about your case.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in... more
  2. Rhidian David Watson Orr

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Based on what you have said, I'm somewhat surprised that you were not charged with careless driving causing bodily injury. You have some potential issues to be concerned about regarding liability if the injured bicyclist decides to get a personal injury attorney. You should consider hiring an attorney to assist you with the traffic citation and to help you with any attempt at the DA's office to amend charges and potentially reserve restitution. Mr. Leroi would be a wise choice as your attorney.

    The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian... more
  3. Robert John Murillo

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Given your facts, I see little to no way this will get dismissed. The rider will be compensated and you should contact an attorney to see about options to get this reduced.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,357 answers this week

3,050 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,357 answers this week

3,050 attorneys answering