How can I get a "failure to yield" ticket dismissed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

Collided with a bicyclist riding against traffic on the sidewalk at a high rate of speed while i was pulling out of a parking lot to go to the right. I had looked both ways for peds but turned my attention to the left to view oncoming traffic. My turn signal lens was broken (on the exact corner of the vehicle). Biker said she was late for work, kept wanting to leave but was transported to the hospital via ambulance for checkup. I am concerned about future liability. She was not cited.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

6

Answered . You might not be able to "beat" it, especially with an injured bicyclist and your turn signal not working. You have good reason to be concerned about liability. Hire an attorney and don't talk with anyone except the attorney about your case.

2. Rhidian David Watson Orr

4

Answered . Based on what you have said, I'm somewhat surprised that you were not charged with careless driving causing bodily injury. You have some potential issues to be concerned about regarding liability if the injured bicyclist decides to get a personal injury attorney. You should consider hiring an attorney to assist you with the traffic citation and to help you with any attempt at the DA's office to amend charges and potentially reserve restitution. Mr. Leroi would be a wise choice as your attorney.

3. Robert John Murillo

3

Answered . Given your facts, I see little to no way this will get dismissed. The rider will be compensated and you should contact an attorney to see about options to get this reduced.