How can I get a "failure to yield" ticket dismissed?

Denver, CO |

Collided with a bicyclist riding against traffic on the sidewalk at a high rate of speed while i was pulling out of a parking lot to go to the right. I had looked both ways for peds but turned my attention to the left to view oncoming traffic. My turn signal lens was broken (on the exact corner of the vehicle). Biker said she was late for work, kept wanting to leave but was transported to the hospital via ambulance for checkup. I am concerned about future liability. She was not cited.

1. You might not be able to "beat" it, especially with an injured bicyclist and your turn signal not working. You have good reason to be concerned about liability. Hire an attorney and don't talk with anyone except the attorney about your case.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

2. Based on what you have said, I'm somewhat surprised that you were not charged with careless driving causing bodily injury. You have some potential issues to be concerned about regarding liability if the injured bicyclist decides to get a personal injury attorney. You should consider hiring an attorney to assist you with the traffic citation and to help you with any attempt at the DA's office to amend charges and potentially reserve restitution. Mr. Leroi would be a wise choice as your attorney.

The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.

3. Given your facts, I see little to no way this will get dismissed. The rider will be compensated and you should contact an attorney to see about options to get this reduced.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Traffic tickets topics