How can I get free legal help to file papers to stop my child support payments because I have no income and almost homeless?

Jonesboro, GA |

I am currently living with someone that is moving out of the state and I have no relatives here to help me. My child lives in the state of Colorado.

You cannot stop child support unless you are found to be physically and/or mentally incapable of working. You can, however, possibly modify your support downward.

For free (or reduced) legal assistance, visit the list of organizations provided by LegalAid-GA. I've provided a link below.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.