Skip to main content

How can I get free legal help to file papers to stop my child support payments because I have no income and almost homeless?

Jonesboro, GA |

I am currently living with someone that is moving out of the state and I have no relatives here to help me. My child lives in the state of Colorado.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You cannot stop child support unless you are found to be physically and/or mentally incapable of working. You can, however, possibly modify your support downward.

For free (or reduced) legal assistance, visit the list of organizations provided by LegalAid-GA. I've provided a link below.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.


You may want to apply for legal aid.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer