How can i format my motion for summary judgement to remove spouse from case on a pre marital debt in az?

Asked about 2 years ago - Peoria, AZ

I am being sued on a time barred debt and have a trial date, i have submitted a motion to dimiss my spouse and the plaintiff submitted a response saying that they believe we were married at the time the debt incurred. I was going to file a motion for summary judgement and attach my marriage license, they are sueing me under my maiden name after all. I do not know how to word the motion for summary judgement, and i am not sure what i am to say on my memorandum..like az laws etc. Please help :)

I meant marriage certificate not license.

1. William W. Fife III

Answered . Has the Court ruled on your motion to dismiss yet? If not, you may want to file a Reply to the Response that provides the dates you were married and when the debt was incurred. Also, if the SOL has run on the debt you should file a Motion to Dismiss on those grounds too. If you haven't done so already, you should issue Request for Admissions and Requests for Production to the Plaintiff to get information pertinent to your defense.

2. Michael J Corbin

1

Answered . What you are asking is beyond the basic responses offered here on Avvo. You need to hire a local attorney if you don't know how to proceed with the pending litigation.