How can I force an RV park to give me a check for $400 made out to me for a membership which I sold a week ago?

Pahrump, NV |
Filed under: Litigation

Person in charge is said to be out on indefinite medical leave and I must wait until she returns to get a check made out to me. The park already collected their $300 transfer fee from the buyer.

Make a written demand (letter) giving them a reasonable time to make payment to you (2 weeks). Although the employee's illness is unfortunate, business continues and the park needs to have procedures in place to account for illnesses of its employees. If they do not make payment in the specified time period, file a small claims suit to collect the money. If you do not want to do that, then your only other recourse is to wait.

You should probably wait until she comes back. The cost of any litigation would eat up $400 on day one.

Litigation topics

Recommended articles about Litigation