How can I force an attorney to give me a signed copy of my dead mother's will in NC ?

Attorney who drew up mother's will leaving me everything will not give me a copy. What rights do I have as an heir to her assets? Relatives and their attorney are dividing assets and pretending will does not exist. Please help me.

28560 -

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Estate Planning Attorney - Largo, FL

When you have done all you can do-it is time to hire an attorney to assist you.
If the attorney has the original will-it must be filed.
Once filed-it is a public record and you may obtain a copy.
All of the assets could have had beneficiaries and not subject to the will.

Charles Lawrence Huddleston III

Charles Lawrence Huddleston III

Probate Attorney - Columbus, OH

No one on this forum can help you in a situation like this. If your mother had assets of any appreciable amount, you can find a probate specialist to meet with you at no cost to assess your case and determine what needs to be done and if it is worth the fight. Do this immediately. Depending on where you live (I don't know NC zip codes), I may be able to refer you to someone who can help. If the relatives are taking things, it may be impossible to prove what they took and who took it, so you have no time to lose.

Eric Jerome Gold

Eric Jerome Gold

Probate Attorney - Calabasas, CA

You need to immediately consult with a local probate attorney. No one should be permitted to take assets until an executor or personal representative is appointed by the court. Don't delay.