How can i find who the deportation officer is, and why is there a immigration hold on someone detained with no charges pressed,

Flushing, NY |

Someone i know is on immigration bond waiting to show up on court this summer. Right now is detained from the DA office with no charges pressed against him with 1$ bond. There is a immigration hold on him also. SO is it possible to find a way to contact his deportation officer, and how . Also is it possible to lift the immigration hold knowing he is on immigration bond already waiting to see the immigration judge sometime this summer.

Yes, if he lives in NY, you should contact ICE at 26 Federal Plaza, and they will let you know who his deportation officer is based on his country of origin.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

I agree with my colleague.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with Ms. Grigaite. If he is not in New York City, you will need to check with the office having jurisdiction over where he is currrently being held.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

Unless they are in ICE custody they won't have a deportation officer. Just because no criminal charge s are pending does not mean that there will not be an ICE hold. Also your statements are confusing, you say they are waiting to see an immigration judge in the summer. If they were previously issued an bond and subsequently arrested this could constitute a violation of a prior bond and they would have to apply for and post a new one. In any event immigration holds and bond are very complicated and you really need to speak directly with an attorney. My firm handles such cases in NY. Click the link below for more information on immigration bond.
Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.