How can i find who the deportation officer is, and why is there a immigration hold on someone detained with no charges pressed,

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

Someone i know is on immigration bond waiting to show up on court this summer. Right now is detained from the DA office with no charges pressed against him with 1$ bond. There is a immigration hold on him also. SO is it possible to find a way to contact his deportation officer, and how . Also is it possible to lift the immigration hold knowing he is on immigration bond already waiting to see the immigration judge sometime this summer.

1. Gintare Grigaite

4

Answered . Yes, if he lives in NY, you should contact ICE at 26 Federal Plaza, and they will let you know who his deportation officer is based on his country of origin.

2. Eugene J. Glicksman

2

Answered . I agree with Ms. Grigaite. If he is not in New York City, you will need to check with the office having jurisdiction over where he is currrently being held.

Good luck!

3. Nicklaus James Misiti

2

Answered . Unless they are in ICE custody they won't have a deportation officer. Just because no criminal charge s are pending does not mean that there will not be an ICE hold. Also your statements are confusing, you say they are waiting to see an immigration judge in the summer. If they were previously issued an bond and subsequently arrested this could constitute a violation of a prior bond and they would have to apply for and post a new one. In any event immigration holds and bond are very complicated and you really need to speak directly with an attorney. My firm handles such cases in NY. Click the link below for more information on immigration bond.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

4. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague.