Skip to main content

How can I find the original vendor of a payday loan or past due payday loans?

Kenosha, WI |

Being harrassed by to collections agencies about balance due form same company but has two different balances. Need to make sure to pay correct one.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Demand written proof of the debt from the collection agency.


I agree with Mr, Zales with an addition. Run a credit report on yourself.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Make sure that your demand for proof is in writing and that you send it in a manner that you can trace receipt -- such as FedEx or certified mail.


I am not sure if the identity of the original creditor really matters, assuming that the collector with whom you are working can prove that he is authorized to settle the claim. However, it is true that you have a right under the FDCPA to demand this Information, and that you may enjoy additional counterclaims if it is not provided to you. If you are having trouble paying your debts, a far more useful thing for you to do might be to schedule a consultation with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer, who might be able to solve all of your collection issues in one single lawsuit at a affordable price. My answer does not automatically make me your attorney, so you need to consult with your own attorney before acting upon any of my comments and may contact my office at 333 Main St, Racine, WI 53403, 262-633-3090, during business hours, or see me on the web at Also see 25 years of my answers to consumer questions at Attorney answers may contain advertising materials.

Attorney answers on this pubic web forum are offered for public educational purposes only and do not make me your lawyer--you therefore still need to consult with your own lawyer and obtain his or her opinion on your specific facts before making any important decisions. Answers do not apply specifically to your fact situation but rather to common situations faced by many is a similar situation. Please remember that I am not yet your attorney and will not be taking any action on your case, but you are still welcome to contact me during business hours at my in Racine if you still have more questions. Also, please see me on the web at, or, to read 15 years of my prior answers to consumer legal questions arranged by topic, please go to Answers may contain attorney advertising materials.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer