How can I find out who the prosecutor in my case is ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

how can I find out who the criminal prosecutor in my case is ? Its a 1st degree misdemeanor

1. David Bradley Dohner

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Simply call the State's Attorney's Office; advise the receptionist that you are calling regarding a misdemeanor matter (they may transfer you to the the County Court division); if requested provide your name; date of birth; and social security number; to the receptionist, but if she can not locate your case, simply say thank you and politely hang up, before you trigger the filing of an action that may simply go away on it own. Better yet, why are you not simply having your attorney call? Certainly do not answer any questions about the nature of the circumstances leading up to the alleged incident, or any factual background with which it is associated.

2. Mark H Randall

Pro

5

1

Answered . It is not a good idea talking to your prosecutor. Many feel uncomfortable talking to defendants for obvious reasons. Defense attorneys call the SAO, give the case # to the secretary or receptionist, and then are told who is assigned to a particular case. Do not try to handle your issue yourself. Hire an attorney!!!!!

3. Lori Doganiero Palmieri

Pro

4

1

Answered . Why do you need this information? If you are representing yourself, the prosecutor will NOT speak with you by phone. If you have a lawyer, he/she will make contact, not you. If you are just curious, call the clerk's office and ask. They should have the prosecutor assigned.

4. Aston Roy Wilson Jr.

2

2

Answered . You can probably look up your case online depending on what county and how that clerk of courts website works. Do a search by your name or whatever search field that site uses to pull up cases and the State Attorney should be listed or at least listed in the docket.

5. Anabelle Dias

Pro

1

1

Answered . You can call the State Attorney's Office prosecuting you and ask them who the Assistant State Attorney assigned to your case is.