How can I find out what my previous employer is saying or reporting to potential new employers?

Edwardsville, IL |

I was terminated without cause from my employer of 22 years. I'm having trouble finding a new job, however I've interviewed, even to the point background checks have been performed and references were contacted, then nothing happens. I'm concerned what my previous employer is reporting about me and my work record. Also, I applied for unemployment recently and was denied due to being terminated for misconduct. There was no misconduct, no reprimand, no warning, nothing. Do I have any recourse?

1. You can appeal the denial of unemployment if you are still within the time frame to do so. Hire an attorney to help you with the hearing. It is a phone interview that goes very quickly and you need to be properly prepared.

2. AVVO is a free general legal information blog, not a substitute for legal advice. Look for an attorney you would like to have a consultation with. You can use Find a Lawyer tab above, right here in AVVO. Select an attorney, contact them directly and schedule a consultation. You might be glad you did to go after an appeal.