Skip to main content

How can I find out the date that my auto injury case was settled and when the check was deposited into attorneys trust acct.?

Orlando, FL |

Other than asking the attorney? If not otherwise possible how do I demand valid authenticated proof of the dates? I doubt the insurance Co. will even speak with me since I have an attorney on the job. I require validation because I believe the attorney acted in a criminal manner and wish to have all the facts so I can exonerate him from this suspicion. I hope he is not guilty of wrong doing but I never authorized settlement amongst other problems with this guy and I may need to confront him with facts so we can come to an amicable conclusion instead of a lawsuit for malpractice

maybe he just has a lousy staff who are actually the ones doing these things and he has no clue as to what has gone on. Either way I want to bring the facts not feelings

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    The disciplinary board will get you an answer with lightning speed.

  2. The settlement agreement may be on file with the court where the lawsuit was initiated.....check there and if no copy of the settlement agreement then there will be a record of the case being settled for court purposes. Florida court records and abstracts of motions, filings, etc. Can be obtained online. The settlement agreement however will NOT be accessible online. You will have to go to the courthouse records dept.

    My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained.

  3. Try calling the insurance company and asking them when the check was cashed, explain yourself, they probably will talk to you under those circumstances. Other than that, file a complaint with your statewide grievance committee against the lawyer.

    This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.