How can I find out legally if im the father even though paternity was established?

Asked 5 months ago - Montgomery, PA

“I suspect that I am the father of a child. The girl I was with was dating someone else, and also with me and became pregnant. The other guy signed paternity papers. I believe that I am the father. How do I go about getting a DNA test? Is it possible to restablish paternity to the rightful father?”

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Susan Ellen Grosh

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . This is not something that can be answered in a forum like this. You need to seek legal advice from a family law attorney as it will depend specifically on the facts of your case and will not necessarily be easy to do. Before you start down the road of attempting to establish paternity, you should also understand what rights and obligations that establishment would mean to you so that you can make an informed decision.

    This answer is only for informational purposes, is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. This Q&... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,050 answers this week

3,108 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,050 answers this week

3,108 attorneys answering