How can I find out if there is an outstanding warrant for my arrest?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fairless Hills, PA

I was arrested in Trenton, NJ (outside of City Gardens) around 20 years ago for possession (& intent - small amount of marijuana). I was ordered to pay a fine and started a payment plan. I did not pay the full amount. I'm worried that there is still a warrant out. I'm facing a similar charge in PA now, and I'm worried about how the previous mistake 20 years ago will affect me . Thanks.

1. Christopher M. Patterson

1

1

Answered . Your question is somewhat confusing. It is not clear to me whether you were charged with possession with intent to deliver or possession of a small amount. If you were ordered only to pay a fine it was probably possession of a small amount. However, there may be a big difference in the way they were treated when you didn't pay the fine. You should contact a criminal defense attorney in Trenton. He or she can research the court records and tell you whether there is a warrant, and if so, what you have to do to clear it up. You should get it cleared up as quickly as possible.