How can I find out if there is a police report against me in a different city that's 7 hours away from me. What should I do

please. My ex claimed that she filed a report but he could be lying also. It would be a police complaint, nothign more, if it exists, so how or where can I find out about this.

Los Angeles, CA -

Kelvin P. Green

Kelvin P. Green

General Practice Lawyer - Torrance, CA

My first question is what type of complaint? Police take reports when there is a crime committed or suspected. If you live 7 hours away the only things you could face would have to do with mail or electronic communications.

Don't talk with her, don't test her, don't email her and you'll be ok

Neil Pedersen

Neil Pedersen

Employment / Labor Attorney - Irvine, CA

My question to you is why do you want to know? Ammunition in a continuing battle?

If the police took a report and nothing came of it, no big deal. If the police thought there was a crime, you would have heard about it...from them knocking on your door.

Nothing is served by trying to figure out if your ex is lying to you or not. Let it go.

Related Advice