How can I find out if there is a police report against me in a different city that's 7 hours away from me. What should I do

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

please. My ex claimed that she filed a report but he could be lying also. It would be a police complaint, nothign more, if it exists, so how or where can I find out about this.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kelvin P. Green

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . My first question is what type of complaint? Police take reports when there is a crime committed or suspected. If you live 7 hours away the only things you could face would have to do with mail or electronic communications.

    Don't talk with her, don't test her, don't email her and you'll be ok

    This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-... more
  2. Neil Pedersen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . My question to you is why do you want to know? Ammunition in a continuing battle?

    If the police took a report and nothing came of it, no big deal. If the police thought there was a crime, you would have heard about it...from them knocking on your door.

    Nothing is served by trying to figure out if your ex is lying to you or not. Let it go.

    This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,261 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,261 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering