How can i find out if someone has been bailed out of jail?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

My boyfriend went to jail on sunday and i know he was booked in because i found him in the system but i went to go look again this morning and it said he was no longer in custody, but i haven't bailed him out and no one i know has either.

1. David Michael Boertje

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . The website www.sdsheriff.net is usually accurate, so if you checked that and it is showing he is not in custody, you may want to call the jail directly. Additionally, he may have bailed out without you knowing, or he may have been released without having to post any bail.

2. David Philip Shapiro

Pro

2

1

Answered . Try SDSheriff.net or call the jail and ask.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  3. John M. Kaman

Pro

2

Answered . Mr. Shapiro's advice is best. I would only add that he could have been booked and released. The question then becomes why hasn't he called you?

4. Andrew Michael Limberg

Pro

2

Answered . In some minor cases a person may be released on their own recognisance without having to post bond. Once the person is released there's no way of knowing where they are.