How can i find out if someone has been bailed out of jail?

San Diego, CA |

My boyfriend went to jail on sunday and i know he was booked in because i found him in the system but i went to go look again this morning and it said he was no longer in custody, but i haven't bailed him out and no one i know has either.

The website www.sdsheriff.net is usually accurate, so if you checked that and it is showing he is not in custody, you may want to call the jail directly. Additionally, he may have bailed out without you knowing, or he may have been released without having to post any bail.

Law Offices of David M. Boertje 402 W. Broadway, Suite 950 San Diego, CA 92101 (619) 229-1870 *Please note that this is not legal advice and in no way formed an attorney-client relationship*

2. Try SDSheriff.net or call the jail and ask.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

3. Mr. Shapiro's advice is best. I would only add that he could have been booked and released. The question then becomes why hasn't he called you?

4. In some minor cases a person may be released on their own recognisance without having to post bond. Once the person is released there's no way of knowing where they are.