How can I find out if my lawyer actually submitted the application for 'withdrawl of removal' on my fiancess immigration case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Washington, DC

He was transferred from Immigration to federal for his reentry (1st after being deported in 2011) into US and is now waitng on court trial, he doesnt want to go back to El Salvador so he is willing to wait the penalty. Immigration still has a hold on him & would like to know what would happen if lawyer never filed for withdrawal of removal

1. Efe Poturoglu

Answered . It's simple. You ask your lawyer whether or not he/she filed the case and ask for a copy of the submission. And if he/she refuses to provide it to you, that's definitely a red flag. Good luck.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

Answered . It appears that you might be referring to "Withholding of Removal," (not withdrawal of removal). More information is needed in order to determine exactly what is going on with his case. You should consult with the lawyer as soon as possible.