Skip to main content

How can I find out if my lawyer actually submitted the application for 'withdrawl of removal' on my fiancess immigration case?

Washington, DC |

He was transferred from Immigration to federal for his reentry (1st after being deported in 2011) into US and is now waitng on court trial, he doesnt want to go back to El Salvador so he is willing to wait the penalty. Immigration still has a hold on him & would like to know what would happen if lawyer never filed for withdrawal of removal

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It appears that you might be referring to "Withholding of Removal," (not withdrawal of removal). More information is needed in order to determine exactly what is going on with his case. You should consult with the lawyer as soon as possible.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


It's simple. You ask your lawyer whether or not he/she filed the case and ask for a copy of the submission. And if he/she refuses to provide it to you, that's definitely a red flag. Good luck.

The statement above does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is intended as general information only and it is not a substitute for legal advice. You should consult with a licensed attorney to discuss the specific facts and circumstances of your case.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer