How can I find out if my divorce is final?

Asked over 4 years ago - Bronx, NY

My ex submitted the final notarized paperwork with both our signatures on August 9 2009 in the Bronx, NY. He is the Plaintiff. I have an index number if that helps.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Alexander Browde


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can look on the New York State Court system website. Use the link for e-courts. If your case shows "disposed" you should visit the County Clerk for a certified copy of the divorce judgment.

  2. Carlos Gonzalez


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . i would suggest contacting the clerk for the court where your divorce was filed

  3. Maury Devereau Beaulier

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You can call the court clerk in the county where your case was filed and ask them if a final decree was entered,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,376 answers this week

3,214 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,376 answers this week

3,214 attorneys answering