How can I find out if my attorney has been disciplined by the Bar or similar organization?

Phoenix, AZ |
Filed under: Professional ethics

I gave the attorney every dime I had in savings but he did not do anything or say anything in 5 Hearings. I asked him to withdraw from my case which he did. Then I asked him, in a lengthy letter detailing why I was not satisfied, to refund part of my money which he won't do. Arbitration, being voluntary, won't work so now I'm wondering if he has pulled this stunt before and someone complained about it.

You can look the attorney up here, but also on the Arizona disciplinary website. Here http://www.azbar.org/lawyerconcerns/disciplineprocess/reportsoflawyerdiscipline

You could also call them and ask.

Understand, the only way you can know if an attorney has been disciplined is if that discipline was public. It is possible for an attorney to receive private discipline in most states (I don't know about Arizona.) If that is the case, you wouldn't be able to find out very easily.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.

2. Easy go to the Arizona State bar website, it should show if your lawyer is in good standing with his license or had ever been disciplined.

Professional ethics topics