How can I find out if my attorney has been disciplined by the Bar or similar organization?

Asked about 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

I gave the attorney every dime I had in savings but he did not do anything or say anything in 5 Hearings. I asked him to withdraw from my case which he did. Then I asked him, in a lengthy letter detailing why I was not satisfied, to refund part of my money which he won't do. Arbitration, being voluntary, won't work so now I'm wondering if he has pulled this stunt before and someone complained about it.

1. Jennifer L. Ellis

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . You can look the attorney up here, but also on the Arizona disciplinary website. Here http://www.azbar.org/lawyerconcerns/disciplinep...

You could also call them and ask.

Understand, the only way you can know if an attorney has been disciplined is if that discipline was public. It is possible for an attorney to receive private discipline in most states (I don't know about Arizona.) If that is the case, you wouldn't be able to find out very easily.

2. Kathryn Mary Holton

Answered . Easy go to the Arizona State bar website, it should show if your lawyer is in good standing with his license or had ever been disciplined.