Skip to main content

How can I find out if I am being criminally investigated? and what can I do to fix it?

Chicago, IL |

I believe I am being criminality investigated, I am being watched at work, on my way home, and on my personal time. I had been feeling someone was coming in my house so I put baby powder on the floor and sure enough I came home and seen someone has tracked it through the house. I read some other post & they point to a private investigator and phone taps. I am not at all involved in any type of criminal activity but obviously someone somewhere thinks so. I believe this is something stemming from work because people are acting different towards me.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    You would first have to know who is investigating you. You should not make any statements. You should discuss your general sense if what the investigation is for with an attorney.

    DISCLAIMER: This information is intended for public and educational use only, it does not form an attorney-client relationship and it is not intended as legal advice. Nothing replaces a confidential consultation with an attorney. This communication may be considered attorney advertising. Do not post any privileged information, instead contact an attorney directly.

  2. Go speak with a PI of your own and hire that person to investigate if you feel you are being watched.

  3. I would consider calling the local police if you believe someone has broken into your home.
    You might also consider contacting and retaining a criminal defense attorney to help advise you.

  4. Coordinating of your experienced criminal defense lawyer and his/her investigators is a good first step. Caution should be the watchword.

    Please do NOT use this answer/response to say or do anything regarding your situation. This answer/response is based on the information provided in the question asked and requires a much more complete context than is available in this public forum. BEFORE you say or do anything consult with an experienced Federal and/or state criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction who will listen to you and your concerns.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics