How can I find out if an individual has filed/created a new Corporation or LLC in the State of Illinois? Thank you.

Asked over 1 year ago - Cary, IL

Ex-business partners have split and two voted one partner (me) out. Payments that should be divided among the three of us is not being distributed accordingly. And I feel they are funneling the money through another corporation which does not list me.

1. Joseph Paul Giamanco

Pro

4

Answered . If you know the name of the potential new corporation you can search for it here: http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/

2. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . Go lo the Secretary of State website and look for information about the possible new corporation.

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/

3. Frank Anthony Natoli

Pro

Answered . You may or may not be able to glean ownership info from the state records, but my colleagues provided the links so take a look and see what you can find.

That said, I think you should discuss the situation with a lawyer in more detail and in private so a best course of action can be reached. There is not enough info provided here to offer any insights and you should not reveal too much online anyway.

I have seen many such situations in my practice and they are always very fact intensive. Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)