How can I find out if an individual has filed/created a new Corporation or LLC in the State of Illinois? Thank you.

Cary, IL |

Ex-business partners have split and two voted one partner (me) out. Payments that should be divided among the three of us is not being distributed accordingly. And I feel they are funneling the money through another corporation which does not list me.

If you know the name of the potential new corporation you can search for it here:

Go lo the Secretary of State website and look for information about the possible new corporation.

You may or may not be able to glean ownership info from the state records, but my colleagues provided the links so take a look and see what you can find.

That said, I think you should discuss the situation with a lawyer in more detail and in private so a best course of action can be reached. There is not enough info provided here to offer any insights and you should not reveal too much online anyway.

I have seen many such situations in my practice and they are always very fact intensive. Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business