How can I find out if a child support order has been filed against me?

Asked about 4 years ago - Hamilton, OH

My ex and I never had custody of our daughter established. Now she's with a bad guy and he doesn't help her with her new child. I wonder if she's trying to come after me now. I'm afraid that if I don't try to get custody established then she'll get a bunch of money that I don't even owe her. I've always taken care of my responsibilities and now she's in financial trouble because of the dead beat dad she's living with. What should I do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Paul Michael Kocsis

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . You can contact CSEA to find out if there is a child support order. If you are worried about such, then you have the right to go to court to seek custody or a parenting order to make sure you have access to your child. In doing so, you can set up child support so you don't have to worry about something down the road.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,485 answers this week

3,007 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,485 answers this week

3,007 attorneys answering