How can I find Out I have a warrant in Las Vegas? They won't tell me over the phone and I lived in California

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

What should I do?

If you want to find out whether you have a warrant in Las Vegas, one resource you can check is:

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/Nevada-Warrants.htm

You should also seriously consider retaining a Nevada criminal defense lawyer if you think that law enforcement in Nevada is looking for you.

Best to consult with a defense attorney in Nevada.

Many good online search sites can answer the question as to whether or not you have a warrant outstanding. Even the San Diego Sheriff's website has outstanding warrants and can be checked. Generally, you want to check a statewide website, not just Las Vegas.

But, here's the twist: there may not be a warrant but there could be an old case on which you failed to appear or have some other problem outstanding, and a warrant was not issued. That could come back to haunt you some day.

Be careful. If you just want a yes or no answer as to whether there's a warrant, that is easy. If you want to know the status of a case, that is far more complex.