How can i find out anything about my paperwork . the only thing that i have so far is that it is initial review . it 5 1/2 month

Asked about 1 year ago - Gulfport, MS

I ASKED THI QUESTION EARLIER BUT I GUESS I WASENT CLEAR ON WHAT WAS GOING ON I SENT THE PAPERWORK TO TEXAS AND THEY SENT IT TO VERMONT WHERE IT IS NOW THE ONLY UP DATE I HAVE HAD ON IT IS WHEN THEY CASHED MY CHECK. I FIRST SENT IT TO THE PHILIPPINES BUT FOUND OUT 2 MONTHS LATER IT WAS THE WRONG PLACE. I COULD USE SOME HELP GETTING THIS TAKEN CARE OF. AND IM IN MS. AND THERE ISNT ANY IMMIGRATION LAWERS HERE.
THIS IS FOR A K1 VISA THE NO IS EAC1290951531

1. Fernanda Nunes Hottle

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . These types of cases can take several months before you hear back from USCIS. The Vermont Service Center is taking an average of 6 months to process fiancee visa applications. There are several Immigration attorneys in MS. Try the American Immigration Lawyers Association website, www.aila.org. You might do better having the guidance of a competent attorney. Good luck.

[This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]
  2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

2

Answered . Have you checked the current processing times for I-129F forms at the Vermont Service Center at www.uscis.gov? Have you called the 800 number and secured an inquiry number for your concerns? Have you scheduled and attended an InfoPass Appointment at your local office? You may want to try these first before seeking the help of an immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . 7-1/2 months is the normal amount of time for this to process: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisp...

You don't need a lawyer in MS ... many of us use Skype or a telephone for our consultations.