How can i find out anything about my paperwork . the only thing that i have so far is that it is initial review . it 5 1/2 month

Gulfport, MS |

I ASKED THI QUESTION EARLIER BUT I GUESS I WASENT CLEAR ON WHAT WAS GOING ON I SENT THE PAPERWORK TO TEXAS AND THEY SENT IT TO VERMONT WHERE IT IS NOW THE ONLY UP DATE I HAVE HAD ON IT IS WHEN THEY CASHED MY CHECK. I FIRST SENT IT TO THE PHILIPPINES BUT FOUND OUT 2 MONTHS LATER IT WAS THE WRONG PLACE. I COULD USE SOME HELP GETTING THIS TAKEN CARE OF. AND IM IN MS. AND THERE ISNT ANY IMMIGRATION LAWERS HERE.
THIS IS FOR A K1 VISA THE NO IS EAC1290951531

These types of cases can take several months before you hear back from USCIS. The Vermont Service Center is taking an average of 6 months to process fiancee visa applications. There are several Immigration attorneys in MS. Try the American Immigration Lawyers Association website, www.aila.org. You might do better having the guidance of a competent attorney. Good luck.

[This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

2. Have you checked the current processing times for I-129F forms at the Vermont Service Center at www.uscis.gov? Have you called the 800 number and secured an inquiry number for your concerns? Have you scheduled and attended an InfoPass Appointment at your local office? You may want to try these first before seeking the help of an immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

3. 7-1/2 months is the normal amount of time for this to process: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcVgK0PmbdD37Oj-WjYt

You don't need a lawyer in MS ... many of us use Skype or a telephone for our consultations.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.