How can i find out anything about my paperwork . the only thing that i have so far is that it is initial review . it 5 1/2 month

Gulfport, MS |
Filed under: F-1 visa for students

MY FIANCEE AND MYSELF TO GET HER K-1 VISA SO WE COULD GET MARRIED. I WENT TO THE PHILIPPINES TO MEET HER AND WE WENT TO THE US EMBASSY IN CEBU TO SEE WHAT WE WOULD NEED . THEY TOLD US WE WOULD HAVE TO SEND THE PAPERWORK TO MANILIA FOR THAT . I THEN PROCEDED TO DO THAT AND TWO MONTHS LATER THEY SENT THE PAPERWORK BACK TO ME SAYING THEY DIDNT HANDLE IT. I WAS THEN TOLD TO SEND IT TO TEXAS AND THAT IS WHAT I DID. BUT BECAUSE OF WHAT I WAS TOLD IN THE PHILIPPINES THE PAPERWORK WAS THEN TWO MONTHS LATER. AND THEY ARE SAYING THEY ARE WORKING ON PAPERWORK FOR THE 5TH MONTH AND NOW MINE IS FOR THE 9TH MONTH. I AM 73 YEARS OLD NEXT MONTH AND MY FIANCEE IS 66 . WE ARENT A COUPLE OF KIDS TRYING TO GET TOGETHER . (EAC1290951531)

1. Why are you shouting?

http://www.kassj.com/netiquette/netiquette.html

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Your age has no bearing on your petition, it still must be properly filed. If you are having issues with this I would advise retaining an immigration attorney. A fiance visa is a complicated process and there are many complications for the novice pro se petition which could result in delay.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. The I-129F is supposed to be filed in Texas. It appears that you filed it incorrectly. You should meet with an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues to dicuss your case. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

4. I agree with my colleague. These are serious petitions requiring you to follow some deadlines and filing procedures.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.