Skip to main content

How can I find out an approximation of Unemployment Benefits for my ex and when they would take effect?

Lake Mary, FL |

My ex is claiming he can no longer pay Child Support, effective immediately, because he says he lost his job. He has told me Unemployment will take months and will not cover his bills. His job paid close to 60K per year and he was there close to 10 years, so I believe he would qualify for the full amount (Florida), He has hired an attorney to have his payments Abated and has already stopped paying. I cannot afford an attorney and there are no pro bono ones available in our area right now. Is there a way to get some idea of the amount he can expect to receive and if that is the amount the Judge will use to recalculate? He also was the provider of their health insurance, which was cancelled the day after he told me. He sad COBRA is too expensive and that he will not elect it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Here is the information you requested about the amount of unemployment benefits in Florida (see attached link). You may want to contact the Department of Revenue for assistance in collecting your support. Please be sure and follow up with them frequently to show them that you are interested in your case.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer