How can I find my husband immigration record he isnt sure if he was deported when trying to enter in to the U.S. ?

Asked 3 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

Im U.S. Citizen and my husband was removed from the U.S. and tried to re- enter and was caught but isnt sure if he is deported for a second time.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . If he tried to illegally enter after having been deported the first time, you can be sure he was again deported, for the second time. Trust me, in a situation like that they don't just place them on board of a bus which drives them to San Ysidro, CA and simply release them on the turning gates to Tijuana.. He was once again ordered removed. Given that it is your husband's file, once he gives "consent" you or a lawyer can file a FOIA request for the copy of his entire file with each CBP (border) and USCIS (the interior guys..) Kindly be advised that illegal reentry after prior removal subjects one to the "lifetime" bar, which means he'll have to remain outside the US for 10 years before being able to apply for anything.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . CBP has an option on their website to file Freedom of Information Act request.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

4

Answered . The attorneys on Avvo who practice immigration law are excellent and you really need to use the Find a Lawyer tool to find one in your area.