How Can I find my docket number for my decade old warrants?

Bronx, NY |

I gave the cops false alias at time when I got arrested for car theft, so today I went to the clerk check up on my warrants and she couldn't find me on her database. She advice me to go find my docket number.

1. Did you provide the clerk with the alias you provided decades ago? The
    docket number would be in connection with the name that was provided at the
    time. If there is no warrant on your actual name or the alias then there
    might not be anything. Depending on how far you want to take this, you may
    want to have yourself fingerprinted by the police and see what pops up. That
    would certainly clear things up. Before doing anything like that, however, I
    would suggest that you speak to an attorney in person first. S/he would best
    be able to guide and advise you.

2. Can't w/out the correct name and DOB.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

3. If you have the correct name, address and date of birth you should be able to track it down. If not, you could contact the office of court administration or new York city police department to see if they can do a fingerprint check. Good luck.

I have been a criminal defense attorney in New York for over 20 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

4. I agree with Mr. Schwartz. If you don't know the alias that was used, a fingerprint check is the only way to track this down.

Richard Southard
    212-385-8600
    I am a former Deputy Bureau Chief with the Kings County DA’s Office with over 15 years experience specializing in criminal law cases. I offer free in-person, phone and video consultations.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website www.reasonabledoubtny.com