How Can I find my docket number for my decade old warrants?

Asked over 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

I gave the cops false alias at time when I got arrested for car theft, so today I went to the clerk check up on my warrants and she couldn't find me on her database. She advice me to go find my docket number.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Howard A. Schwartz

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you have the correct name, address and date of birth you should be able to track it down. If not, you could contact the office of court administration or new York city police department to see if they can do a fingerprint check. Good luck.

    I have been a criminal defense attorney in New York for over 20 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-... more
  2. Benjamin J Lieberman

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Did you provide the clerk with the alias you provided decades ago? The
    docket number would be in connection with the name that was provided at the
    time. If there is no warrant on your actual name or the alias then there
    might not be anything. Depending on how far you want to take this, you may
    want to have yourself fingerprinted by the police and see what pops up. That
    would certainly clear things up. Before doing anything like that, however, I
    would suggest that you speak to an attorney in person first. S/he would best
    be able to guide and advise you.

  3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Can't w/out the correct name and DOB.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a... more
  4. Richard C. Southard


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Schwartz. If you don't know the alias that was used, a fingerprint check is the only way to track this down.

    Richard Southard
    I am a former Deputy Bureau Chief with the Kings County DA’s Office with over 15 years experience specializing in criminal law cases. I offer free in-person, phone and video consultations.

    All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,899 answers this week

3,137 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,899 answers this week

3,137 attorneys answering