How can I find my case if I lost my court paper?

Asked over 2 years ago - Fullerton, CA

This case has been happened 6years ago and I’ve lost my court paper so I forgot my case number. Is there any way to check my criminal status to see if my case has been ended? I did pay my fines and all that, but never checked it back. Is there a way to look up? If people didn't pay fines, court give s them a phone call or mail them to notice?

By the way, the case was a misdemeanor.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Joseph Briscoe Dane


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If this was an Orange County case, go to and search there. If it was in another county, their records may also be online (and sometimes for a fee) or you can go to the courthouse and ask the clerks office to do a search.

    The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact... more
  2. Pamela Koslyn

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you can do a party name search on the court website. If it was Orange County go to their website.

    Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to... more
  3. Dave Bahr

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleague, court files are public records and can be searched using query terms such as a party's name. The files can usually be pulled and copies made for a fee. Good luck.

    I have been licensed to practice in the State of Oregon since 1990. I am not offering legal advice regarding your... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,965 answers this week

2,751 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,965 answers this week

2,751 attorneys answering