How can I find my case if I lost my court paper?

Asked over 2 years ago - Fullerton, CA

This case has been happened 6years ago and I’ve lost my court paper so I forgot my case number. Is there any way to check my criminal status to see if my case has been ended? I did pay my fines and all that, but never checked it back. Is there a way to look up? If people didn't pay fines, court give s them a phone call or mail them to notice?

By the way, the case was a misdemeanor.

1. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . If this was an Orange County case, go to www.occourts.org and search there. If it was in another county, their records may also be online (and sometimes for a fee) or you can go to the courthouse and ask the clerks office to do a search.

2. Pamela Koslyn

3

Answered . Yes, you can do a party name search on the court website. If it was Orange County go to their website.

3. Dave Bahr

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague, court files are public records and can be searched using query terms such as a party's name. The files can usually be pulled and copies made for a fee. Good luck.