How can I find my case if I lost my court paper?

Fullerton, CA |

This case has been happened 6years ago and I’ve lost my court paper so I forgot my case number. Is there any way to check my criminal status to see if my case has been ended? I did pay my fines and all that, but never checked it back. Is there a way to look up? If people didn't pay fines, court give s them a phone call or mail them to notice?

By the way, the case was a misdemeanor.

If this was an Orange County case, go to www.occourts.org and search there. If it was in another county, their records may also be online (and sometimes for a fee) or you can go to the courthouse and ask the clerks office to do a search.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

2. Yes, you can do a party name search on the court website. If it was Orange County go to their website.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

3. I agree with my colleague, court files are public records and can be searched using query terms such as a party's name. The files can usually be pulled and copies made for a fee. Good luck.

I have been licensed to practice in the State of Oregon since 1990. I am not offering legal advice regarding your question, only general information regarding the law. You are not my client nor am I your attorney unless we sign a retainer agreement.