How can i find attorneys that could help me in a proof of claim case against a real estate developer?

New York, NY |

Developer filed for bankrupcy in NY but the real estate project was in Panama, Central America and is associated with the Trump brand. Trump licensed his name for the project but then got a legal desclaimer and when the developer breached contracts Trump was not held liable, but now the developer has many suits filed against it in Panama and they just filed for bankrupcy in NYC

Bankruptcies such as these are complicated matters, depending on what chapter of the BR code under which they are proceeding. Not knowing all of the facts, it may well be that a trustee or the equivalent of a liquidator may be in the process of gathering funds for distributions to creditors and coordinating with counsel in Panama. In the mix of all of this are lawsuits that the trustee may institute on behalf of creditors. It will be a long road that will require much patience.

That being said, you should retain an attorney to assist in drafting your proof of claim to make sure you're preserving whatever rights you have, as well as correctly designating your respective status as a creditor.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

try find a lawyer tab on AVVO. Bankruptcy or creditor rights.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

You need a bankruptcy lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Use the Find a Lawyer tab up top and consult with a bankruptcy attorney.