Skip to main content

How can I find an immigration lawyer?

Boston, MA |

I am coming from a politically troubled country in Africa,and I have tried to find a lawyer to represent me in filing for asylum in Boston to no avail.

I have been here for 7 months,I do not work since I have no social,so I need a free or Volunteer Immigration lawyer to represent me.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Why would a lawyer not represent you? That is quite unusual as that is what we do... Have they told you that they do not believe you qualify for any relief after a thorough evaluation of your case? Asylum is very particular and it may be that you do not meet the requirements to apply. You can look for an attorney here on avvo or also on the AILA website. I would suggest making a few consultations and then choosing someone to represent you if you both agree. Good Luck.

    Massachusetts Immigration Attorney

  2. I agree with my colleague. AILA or Catholic Charities can also refer you to an asylum lawyer in your area

  3. Look for a cgarity organization.

  4. Agree with my colleagues.

    An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

  5. You may also want to contact the Massachusetts Bar Association.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics