How can I find an attorney to file a civil case against DCF in FL. I filed with the Inspector General . Fired Investigator

Asked about 1 year ago - Altamonte Springs, FL

3 prior investigations showed the Bio dad as abuser DCF did nothing. 1 called by granparent 2 by police then Child psychologist called Bad agent who lied even included a father of one child that has been deployed since July of last year. Now because of the way this agent did this mother and bio-father have to do court ordered things. Bio dad did get supervised visit mom has children back step dad who has been diployed charges dropped. Child psychologist says DCF mentally abused child Investigator to my knowledge has been fired. Parents want thier legal fees airline tickets back and daughter has been mentally abused by DCF...This agent was really bad have evidence which was given to Instpector General she violated Article 39 is what y daughter and son in laws attorney said. Ocala Fl

1. Heather Morcroft

4

Answered . Most likely this is the type of case in which DCF is exempt from civil action. However, if there was personal injury while she was in DCF care, then there may be an option to sue for that. You would need to check with a personal injury attorney and go over the specifics of your situation.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

3

Answered . DCF has immunity from this type of case.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . I don't think you'll have a viable claim but to be sure, sit down with a personal injury attorney in Floria to discuss your rights.