Skip to main content

How can I find an attorney to file a civil case against DCF in FL. I filed with the Inspector General . Fired Investigator

Altamonte Springs, FL |

3 prior investigations showed the Bio dad as abuser DCF did nothing. 1 called by granparent 2 by police then Child psychologist called Bad agent who lied even included a father of one child that has been deployed since July of last year. Now because of the way this agent did this mother and bio-father have to do court ordered things. Bio dad did get supervised visit mom has children back step dad who has been diployed charges dropped. Child psychologist says DCF mentally abused child Investigator to my knowledge has been fired. Parents want thier legal fees airline tickets back and daughter has been mentally abused by DCF...This agent was really bad have evidence which was given to Instpector General she violated Article 39 is what y daughter and son in laws attorney said. Ocala Fl

Attorney Answers 3


Most likely this is the type of case in which DCF is exempt from civil action. However, if there was personal injury while she was in DCF care, then there may be an option to sue for that. You would need to check with a personal injury attorney and go over the specifics of your situation.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


I don't think you'll have a viable claim but to be sure, sit down with a personal injury attorney in Floria to discuss your rights.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


DCF has immunity from this type of case.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics