Skip to main content

How can I find a reputable lawyer to defend me in court (Phila. PA) against a collections agency?

Philadelphia, PA |

I am being sued by Commonwealth Collection Agency (Phillips and Cohen) through the law offices of Morris & Adelman. Original debtor was Chase which was written off by them June, 2006. My last payment to Chase was 10/26/2005. Commonwealth Finacial has a document stating this debt was sold to them by Chase.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Search your state's bar membership directory or contact your state bar directly to see if they refer potential clients to attorneys. If so, ask if they know of any debt collection defense attorneys who might be able to represent you. Also, you might go to the website and search for an attorney on there that might be able to defend you in such a matter.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer