How can I find a pro bono attorney to help get my kids out of foster care?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Vancouver, WA

I live in Wa state, my 2 children were taken from there mother in Oregon. I have been trying to complete an ICPC so they can be placed with me but was denied. Now they want me to relinquish my parental rights so they can put the kids up for adoption. I need help!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Brita Anne Christine Long

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . In a dependency matter, if you qualify financially, you will be assigned an attorney. You need to request an attorney from the court and will most likely need to fill out a financial affidavit to qualify for a court appointed attorney. If you hire a private attorney make sure thay have experienced in dependency court. Dependencies are highly specialized and a general family law attorney is most likely not going to be familiar enough with the different laws in regard to dependencies to assist you.

    Legal disclaimer: This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,670 answers this week

3,178 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,670 answers this week

3,178 attorneys answering