How can I find a good injury lawyer?

Oakland, CA |

My husband got hit by car. The driver passed the red light and badly hit drivers side.
He was in so much pain that we toke him to see a doctor. Doctor recommended emergency room for further examination on his neck, head and back and gave him one week rest. Can please suggest any legal advice.

1. As you know, representing yourself in a personal injury matter can be very tricky. I strongly suggest you retain a local licensed personal injury attorney in California to assist you in this matter. Look for a referral at AVVO or call the State Bar of California for a referral. Thank you and I wish you and your husband the best of luck!

2. Use Avvo's find a lawyer tab at the top of this page to find a local personal injury attorney.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

3. My advice is to follow every suggestion provided to you by your doctors. The thing about neck and back injuries is that they can often hide themselves for a period of time before you really understand the significance of the injury. That is why you need to follow the doctors orders. Next you should immediately contact a California personal injury attorney. They will help with making contact with all the appropriate insurance companies and obtaining all the necessary records to prove your damages. This will allow you to focus on getting better and not the stress of dealing with the insurance companies.

This communication offers general information based on the very limited information provided, and does not constitute the giving of legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship.

4. If you are in an accident and the at fault driver runs a red light, then they are liable for your damages. In a side impact intersection collision, attorneys see neck, back and head injuries commonly. Complaints persisting in these areas should be followed up with an Orthopedic Surgeon with a fellowship in the spine or a neurosurgeon. Those doctors can order non-surgical treatment for your accident injuries such as MRIs, pain management, and physical therapy. In the event the problems do not go away, surgery may be an option. I would call an attorney who does automobile accidents in your area and would get a new doctor.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com.

5. Simply use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated lawyer with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

6. Avvo is a good please to find a personal injury attorney. You might also try calling the Alameda County Bar Association lawyer referral service - they have an online form. https://www.acbanet.org/lrs/

7. I've answered many questions on avvo and I can tell you from experience what you need to do. It goes without saying that you should continue to treat with the doctor until you feel 100%. Second, you should make sure you talk to no one regarding your case. The insurance company will usually try to record a statement from you, which usually doesn't help your case. Third and most importantly, you NEED to hire an attorney that specializes in these case. Whenever I have clients like you retain my services I make sure we put a "Plan of action" together which includes a little bit of investigation into the other driver and his/her insurance, the strengths and weaknesses of our case and aggressively pursuing your claim against the insurance company for the highest amount possible. Insurance companies obviously aren't one of the wealthiest industries in America without reason. They make/save money by not paying out claims like yours. Hire an attorney asap!

View my website & call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www.KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

8. I'm sorry to hear that your husband was hurt, but thankfully he's seeing a doctor to evaluate his injuries. A T-bone/side collision is very serious, and injuries resulting from such an accident can be delayed and manifest over time. In regards to finding good representation, there are a number of qualified and experienced attorneys in California that would be happy to consult with you about your husband's case. Look at my information or other attorneys on Avvo and call someone as soon as possible. If you have further questions, feel free to let me know.

The information provided here is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. Transmission of information via this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient, nor is it intended to do so. The content provided does not create any warranty, express or implied. Hiring a lawyer to represent you is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising.

9. No one should handle any claim (involving a motor vehicle accident with bodily injury) against any insurance company without a lawyer. Claims should be handled by a lawyer - one who will be able to understand and explain the physical damages and injuries from accident. The victim of a car accident really needs to worry about one thing - getting better. That means attending doctor's appointments, attending physical therapy (if appropriate), and taking his or her medication. All of the rest can be handled by a personal injury attorney. We earn our fees (contingent by the way) by taking on the stress and hassle of fighting for money - I dare say some of us actually enjoy the fight, but I realize that most people do not enjoy conflict.

When someone is injured, he or she should only be concerned with getting better, attending doctor visits, attending physical therapy, etc. The lawyer will handle the rest... Figuring out who to sue, whether insurance covers the accident, whose insurance should cover, etc.

Fortunately, most of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take such cases on contingency, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.