How can I file for divorce without an attorney in Charleston, SC?

Asked 9 months ago - Charleston, SC

If so, where can the paperwork be found online at no cost? Or at the local library at no cost. We both want this to be as resonable as possible.

1. John A. Jackson

1

Answered . Go to http://m.sccourts.org/forms/indexSRLdivorcepack....

2. Stephan Victor Futeral

1

Answered . If you're going into family court without an attorney, I can assure you that just having access to the forms isn't enough. There are many things to consider in addition to how to reduce the costs of your divorce. If you must go it alone, then I have included a link to a free book, "Divorce in South Carolina - Piecing It All Together" that covers everything from the law on divorce, the procedures in family court, explanations of temporary hearings and orders, and much more. The book will soon be available on iTunes, but in the meantime the link is to a PDF of the same.