How can I file a motion for early release under House Bill 2649 for my husband who is in Larry Gist State Jail, Beaumont Tx?

Asked over 1 year ago - Beaumont, TX

He was sentenced to a year for probation violation. He is currently attending school full time in there and has completed two rehabilitation programs and is currently participating in a drug rehabilitation program.

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

3

Answered . If you're not an attorney, you can't file a motion (unless you want to get indicted). When he becomes eligible for the early release, the State Jail will send the District Judge a notice asking the Judge whether he wants to grant the early release. The Judge can give him any or all or none of the "good time" he is eligible for.

2. Cynthia Russell Henley

3

Answered . I agree with Ms. Jaggers. It is supposed to be automatic that the information is sent to the judge for the judge's decision.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

Answered . I agree with Ms. Henley and Ms. Jaggers.

I would emphasize that it is not permitted for non-lawyers to practice law, and that includes filing pleadings for other folks.