How can I file a lawsuit claim against a military hospital due to back damage from an epidural when no attorney wants to help me

I had my son at a Military Hospital and it took approximately 35 to 40 minutes to have it administered. I felt a clicking in my back and told my husband that it was being done wrong. This was my 4th epidural. My husband went to the back of me and told me to be still, the needle is in your back. I was given NO instruction as to bend over, arch my back or needle was going in so be still. The anesthesiologist told my husband that I was leaning on my left side. It was completed and the anesthesiologist then went to the nurse and asked if I signed the paperwork. She stated yes and he looked at me and said your welcome and left. The epidural was stopped when i got closer to delivering and as soon as I had my son I got up and it felt like my one leg was longer than the other.

Leesville, LA -

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

Get a second opinion from another doctor.

George Costas Andriotis

George Costas Andriotis

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tarpon Springs, FL

What are the back damages you want to be compensated for? Are you just claiming the epidural was done wrong? If you have no damages you have no claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Criminal Defense Attorney - Hillsdale, MI

Difficult to see that injury that would be the basis for your claim. If attorneys have explained that to you, consider listening. If not, consult an attorney. You can find on via AVVO search, look at the profiles, pick one you like, and call.

Josh P Tolin

Josh P Tolin

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Saint Louis, MO

As many of the others have answered, what problems, if any, were caused by the epidural. If you don't have any permanent problems, most attorneys won't want to pursue your claim. Since you have already gotten a denial on your FTCA claim, your time to file is ticking. Good luck.

Related Advice