How can I file a lawsuit against the apartment manager for harassing my children and constantly coming into my home?

Asked over 1 year ago - Arlington, TX

I have had a problem with the apartment manager calling the Police on my children for playing in the yard and the apartment manager has also let made a false, drug related, call to the Police. She unlocked my door and let the Police into my home to search for drugs. Of course, no drugs were found, but I know that it is against the law for the manager to break into my home and also to allow the Police into my home without a search warrant.

How can I begin a lawsuit against her? I am not the only person here who has problems with the manager, I am just the only one who is fighting back.

1. Gregg Samuel Harrison

4

1

Answered . You should consult with a trial/civil attorney in your area as soon as possible. Most, if not all, give free initial consultations. The lawyer will consult with you in depth about your issue and see if you have a case. Good luck to you.
    Gregg

2. Don Karotkin

1

Best Answer

Answered . To answer your question specifically, you can draft a "petition," setting out the relevant facts and the legal theories on which you are suing and file it with the clerk of the court where you want to prosecute your lawsuit. You would have to pay the clerk a filing fee and an additional fee for the issuance and service of a citation, which will then be served, together with your petition, on the defendant by either a deputy constable of Tarrant County or a private process server. The specific details of how to accomplish all of this are, as you might suppose, impossible to convey in this forum.

Having said all of the above, you should not file a lawsuit representing yourself. You don't know how to do it, so you will do it incorrectly and almost certainly lose your lawsuit. Instead, you should consult a lawyer who is educated and experienced in the law and lawsuits. He or she will know what needs to be done to help you and how to do it.

I suggest that you consult an Arlington or Fort Worth lawyer who is certified in "Real Estate - Residential" law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A link to the Board's website appears below.

www.tbls.org

Pro

4

Answered . A lawsuit would be fruitless. Best bet is to put it behind you.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Michael Ryan Juarez

3

1

Answered . You could sue her in small claims court for violating TX applicable statute.