How can I file a claim for over $3000.00 in Michigan if I live in Iowa?

Asked about 2 years ago - Fort Madison, IA

My ex husband and I had a vehicle that was repossessed. I was the cosigner. I was garnished for the whole amount. I know I have to go to Michigan to file if he live in Michigan.

How do I file a claim?

1. Michael J Corbin

Answered . Your post is confusing. As I understand what you wrote, you and your husband had a car repo'd. The lender sued you in MI and obtained a judgment for the amount left on the loan after your car was auctioned off. Your wages were then garnished to cover this. What "claim" do you think you have? Against whom? The lender has every right to collect the ENTIRE amount from you (or your husband - whomever he can), so why are you thinking you can sue anyone over this?

2. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

Answered . A claim against who? This is confusing. Try to repost with the facts.