How can I file a claim for over $3000.00 in Michigan if I live in Iowa?

Fort Madison, IA |

My ex husband and I had a vehicle that was repossessed. I was the cosigner. I was garnished for the whole amount. I know I have to go to Michigan to file if he live in Michigan.

How do I file a claim?

1. Your post is confusing. As I understand what you wrote, you and your husband had a car repo'd. The lender sued you in MI and obtained a judgment for the amount left on the loan after your car was auctioned off. Your wages were then garnished to cover this. What "claim" do you think you have? Against whom? The lender has every right to collect the ENTIRE amount from you (or your husband - whomever he can), so why are you thinking you can sue anyone over this?

We can be reached at 507.334.0155. Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

2. A claim against who? This is confusing. Try to repost with the facts.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Marriage and prenups topics